How on EARTH is tomorrow September 1st?! While I am fairly certain I say that about most things in life, I simply can't believe it's the end of summer already! I have seen some funny memes and comments in the social media world that have made me realize there are two types of people in this world....people who LIVE for fall, and the others who could live in summer year round! I do love fall, and pumpkin spice lattes (basic and proud!) - but I do love me some hot summer days too and I am sad those are coming to an end!!
ANYWAY. Enough rambling! Today, I am hoping that writing down my monthly goals, and sharing them with the world, that it will help keep me accountable! I feel like all year I have been looking forward to September, but also planning and bracing myself for it- because September IS INSANE! I personally have 6 weddings alone, 4 engagement sessions, awaiting the arrival of two precious babies to be born, and countless meetings and consultations! ALL AMAZING THINGS but also crazy amounts of planning and scheduling and a tad stressful. It's without a doubt going to be our biggest month since we started and I CAN'T WAIT! <3
Goals. Or is it Goalz? I'm too old for that... Goals.
- ONE. Get caught up on all outstanding album orders! If you're waiting for your wedding album, I promise you they are coming! PS- designing and ordering albums is such a fun process, but LENGTHY! I want these products to be so perfect for my couples, so it definitely takes me a good bit to finalize them!
- BLOG MORE. Goodness, I am so dang bad at this stuff. For a few reasons. Of course, finding time to do it all, all the while taking care of two babies during the day, is one. But also, it's hard not to question yourself! Like do people really care what I have to say?! Will people read it? WHAT DO PEOPLE WANT TO READ? lol. all the stresses.
- PURGE and get rid of 95% of my closet. Yes, you read that right. I am getting rid of my clothes, shoes, jewelry, EVEYTHIIIIING! Ok, maybe not getting rid of ALL of it- but without a doubt minimizing and changing things up. I have been obsessed with the idea of #minimalistfashion and I am finally going to do it! If you're not sure what the heck I'm talking about, I will save that for another day and another blog post. But just picture basic clothing, 3-4 styles, and beautiful closets like this one...
- Getting outside more. Sheesh, seems so silly, right? But to be honest, I really struggle with this! My days are usually spent working during nap times, meal and business planning over coffee at the dining room table, and playing monster trucks with my 2 year old in between. With the cooler temps starting to move in this month, I am craving all the outdoor fall activities! Bike rides, apple picking, PUMPKIN PATCHES.
- Selecting a client management system. I KNOW I KNOW- how do you not have a system for managing clients yet, Britt? Well. Because there are 600 of them and I can't choose. But I am beyond thrilled to have finally selected one and will be implementing it this month! I mean, with this month's schedule, I HAVE TO!
- Ordering and creating our family gallery wall!! We finally had some gorgeous family photos taken this past month (hey hey Loren Jackson!!) and I have all the Pinterest inspired thoughts for a beautiful gallery all in our living room! Stay tuned for that!
- More dating of my husband. God bless my hubby. We BOTH have our own businesses, both are at home during the day, both do the parenting, and overall both try to do it all, every single day. Being at home with your spouse and figuring out this season of life can get pretty taxing on your relationship and sometimes, you just have to go on a date! This month will be tough, since it's so dang busy, but finding time is super important!
Aaaaand I think that's a pretty safe list, for now. I'm sure there are tons more of scribbled post its laying around the house that I have yet to find that should be on here...but THERE IT IS. I would loooove to hear what your goals and plans are for this up and coming month! And also any good date ideas aside from dinner and a movie?! I'm thinking a Sunday wine tasting or a Browns game, or something super fall and super fun!
If you read through all of this, I just love you. Thanks for investing your time and love into me and this crazy season of life! Hope you have the best September yet! xoxo