Ahhh, the second trimester. You're finally feeling better, have more energy, your appetite is strong, you have a cute little belly, & feeling your baby kick happens more & more! But let's step back & take a moment to talk about the stuff I personally feel no one talks about.
1. Hormones. Yes, I know what you're thinking. A hormonal pregnant woman, typical! But I don't think anyone truly realizes how unpredictable & out of control these mood swings are. I'm fairly sure going through puberty wasn't even this bad. Maybe it's just me, but my anger has never been stronger. Like Hulk angry. And can we take a moment & talk about the comment "It only gets worse"? I swear, if one more person says that to me, no matter what it's about, I might end up on the evening news. I get it, it gets worse. But the truth is, I like to complain, ok? Complaining makes me feel better about what I am going through! So unless you're gonna come over and rub my back & feed me chocolates, zip it! :)
2. Loneliness. Pregnancy is lonely! No one can experience the joys, the mood swings, the baby kicks, etc. It seems anytime I put my husband's hands on my bump or try to video the baby doing somersaults, it stops. And while I thoroughly enjoy the weekly changes my babe does (he has elbows! he can blink!), not everyone seems to find the same enthusiasm in those things. No one can share in the night time karate kicks, wondering if the lack of movement is a sign of something wrong, and so on. While your partner is extremely supportive, he doesn't have a clue. And that sometimes, is hard.
3. Exhaustion. Not in the "I'm tired-ready for a nap" tired. I'm talking "taking a shower makes me pant" exhausted. I find myself breathing hard at the most random times. Getting out of bed? HA. The imagination of a turtle on it's back is a very accurate description. And I KNOW- IT ONLY GETS WORSE.
4. Clothing. NOTHING FITS! And it stinks.. Yes, I know, pregnancy is beautiful. But it's really frustrating when you rotate the same 3 tops and leggings because they're the only things that fit you comfortably and don't make you look like a tent! And don't get me started on the prices of maternity clothes! I've never been a huge money spender & I certainly am not going to start on something that has an expiration date. While I am sure there are second hand stores & other ways of buying maternity clothes cheaper, ain't nobody got time for that! I like to run into a store & run out (panting, per usual). So instead, I'll just piss & moan about it all :D haha!
5. Anxiety. SHEESH. I feel like this one might be the worst. And it started fairly recently, over the past week or so. It's the beginning of the nesting stage and you feel helpless. It's a tad too soon to start deep cleaning the house or prep freezer meals. You have a to-do list a mile long but you almost feel silly starting it because you still have about 3 months left. Your nursery is just about done yet you have nothing to put in there yet. And the add the previous three topics I discussed above, forget it. :)
While I almost feel guilty complaining about being pregnant, it's all in good fun. My pregnancy has been an absolute dream. If I had to carry 10 more children, I'd love to live in the 2nd trimester. But I'm not a Duggar & that's not happening. I'm excited (and nervous) to see what this third and final trimester brings. But most of all, I'm beyond excited to meet our sweet baby!