So, a little fact about your truly...I am a SUPER picky eater. And add in being 6 months pregnant? HA! I have just recently got back into cooking within the past few weeks because being in the kitchen just exhausted & nauseated me. Before pregnancy, it wasn't unheard of me to cook almost every night at home. My hope is to share my favorite recipes as I come across them in my meal planning! This week's recipe is one of my (& hubby's!) favorites: cheeseburger soup!
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes (1-3/4 pounds)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside. In the same saucepan, saute the onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from the heat; serve immediately.
So there you have it! It's a perfect winter/week night meal as it's really not too involved & very filling! If y'all try it, please let me know how you like it!! xo- B