There's always something about January that I love. I think it's just the overall feeling of a fresh start. I love that giddy feeling of a new year. That feeling that anything can happen. So I figured I would start 2015 with just that. A fresh start, website, and blog. And with all of those comes an overwhelming feeling that really: anything can happen. There are so many hopes & dreams I have for this year but I'd rather save those for when they happen. It's just way more fun that way! SO instead of listing my hopes for this coming year, I thought I would share my long time wishes. These bucket list items are only a few off of my insanely long list. But, I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I love dreaming about them! :)
1. Visit Ireland. I can't really explain why my passion is so driven to go visit. But I have such a burning desire to wonder the streets and fields as much as I can. The pubs, the people, the castles, GAH- can you imagine? Ireland is happening. One day, FOR SURE.
2. Learn a new language. Which one? I don't know. Ha! I would love to learn French. Maybe it's because I'm borderline obsessed with France, Paris especially. There has to be something so magical about learning & speaking a language that is not your own. It's something that I desire so deeply & am dying to try it.
3. See Paris. Well you knew that was coming, right? :) Ever since I was little, I dreamed of seeing Paris. The Eiffel Tower, the restaurants, the people, the shopping! Un jour, oui? ;)
4. Run a marathon. I'm not saying it's going to be pretty, but it's going to happen. I honestly want to try and make this happen this year. It's not so much the running I desire. It's that desire to accomplish something so powerful. To train not only your body, but your mind to keep going. I'm excited to feel that. To really feel alive.
5. Experience NYC at Christmas time. THIS has been a wish of mine for as long as I can remember. Ice Skating, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge...and the stores! Oh my. We visited NYC a couple summers back and it was jaw dropping. There's just something so magical about being in the city at Christmas time though...at least, I would imagine :)
6. Take my mom on a vacation. I'm going to try & get through this one without being a blubbering mess. If anyone deserves a week of R&R somewhere on a beach, it's my mama. I'm pretty sure she hasn't taken a vacation since before I was born. She has always been here, taking care of someone. I have lots of thoughts where I want to take her, but I have to keep those stashed away in my secrets ;) I can't wait for the day I can do this.
7. The last one: Take a day & just give. I want to spend an entire day & give in any way that I can. I want to pay for someone's bill at a restaurant, anonymously. I want to make & deliver care packages to the less fortunate. I want to volunteer at the animal shelter (although I don't know if this is something I could actually do). I had to stop following the local pet shelters on Facebook because my heart physically ached at every picture posted. Maybe the fact that I am helping will be an easier thought. Or maybe I'll just come home with 12 dogs?! Ha. EIther way, my heart is longing to give back & I think a day spent like this will do wonders <3
So there you have it! My first blog post of the new year! I hope you enjoyed peeking into my world a bit. Many more to come. Until next time... xo -B